Duck, roasted pear and almond salad
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1||Baby cos lettuce|
|¼ cup||Almonds, chopped, roasted, unblanched|
- Rub duck breast skin with sesame oil. Grill on a barbecue or under a hot grill for 5 to 10 minutes, turning often. Leave centre of duck meat slightly pink.
- Cover and leave until ready to make salad. Cut pears into quarters, remove cores and cut each quarter in half again.
- Brush with oil and grill for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden, turning often. Grill bacon until crisp. Chop roughly.
- Arrange lettuce on a serving platter. Chop cucumber roughly. Slice duck breasts.
- Arrange cucumber, duck, pear slices and bacon over lettuce. Scatter nuts over and pour over dressing.
- Dressing: Mix raspberry vinegar, mustard, oil, sugar, salt and pepper together.