Kumara, bacon & leek pie
Serve these as a perfect partner to beef, lamb or chicken. Your friends and family will think you have got very posh!
- Heat oven to 180 degC. Grease 4 tins, 9cm x 3cm deep.
- Line tins with pastry and chill.
- Cook kumara in salted water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, then pat dry.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan, then add leeks and bacon. Cook till soft.
- Add blue and cream cheeses, and combine well. Season and set a side to cool.
- Divide cooked kumara into prepared chilled pastry cases. Spoon leek mixture into pastry base.
- Cover and seal pies with remaining pastry, and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.