Toasted bagel with piperade
- Heat a frying pan, add olive oil and sliced onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cut peppers into thin strips, add to the pan and cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes until softened, adding a little water if necessary to stop peppers from sticking to the pan.
- Add chopped can tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes more, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add butter and stir to melt into mixture.
- Gently stir in the beaten eggs, as you would for scrambled eggs.
- When the mixture sets around the edges, draw the set egg into the centre of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Repeat until egg mixture is mostly set but still a little moist.
- Serve on toasted bagels, scattered with chives or chopped parsley.