Vege lasagne - revamped
(A revamped lasagne that's low fat and healthy) Serves 6 olive oil 1 large red onion, diced 3 large carrots, peeled and diced 400g field mushrooms, thickly sliced 1 red pepper, diced with seeds removed
- Heat oven to 200 degC. Line a large low-sided roasting pan with nonstick baking paper.
- Spread diced red onion, peeled and diced carrots, thickly sliced mushrooms, red pepper diced with seeds removed and eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes ,
- Lightly spray with oil.
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown, tossing once during cooking.
- Heat chopped tomatoes and chopped fresh oregano in a saucepan, then stir in roast vegetables and season well with salt and pepper.
- Spoon a layer of vegetable mixture over the bottom of a deep, lasagne-style-baking dish.
- Cover with a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat layers, finishing with a layer of pasta.
- Spread sour cream over the surface lasagne sheets, then sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and heated through.
Tip: Spraying the vegetables with oil uses a lot less oil.
Tip: Baking rather than pan-frying makes this version of lasagne much lower in fat but still full of flavour.
Tip: Vege lasagne can be prepared the day before and covered and stored in the fridge until ready to cook. Add 10 to 15 minutes to cooking time to allow it to thoroughly heat through.