Barbecued steak with salsa verde
|4 pieces||Rib eye steaks, 250g each|
|4 tsp||Olive oil|
|1 clove||Garlic, cut in half lengthways|
|1 to garnish||Rocket, or watercress|
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and chop for 15 to 30 seconds until well mixed together. Using the pulse button is effective.
- When ready to barbecue, smear both sides of your steaks with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks onto the very hot barbecue. They should take about 4 to 5 minutes per side to cook, depending on how you like them. As they cook, rub the steak with the cut side of the garlic clove for some extra flavour.
- When the steaks are perfectly cooked to your liking, move them to a cutting board to rest for a few minutes and save any resting juices.
- Now scatter the rocket over your chosen serving platter and slice the fresh lemon into wedges.
- Place rib eye steaks on a serving platter. Finish with a few tablespoons of salsa verde and scatter over any remaining fresh herbs and lemon wedges, and drizzle over any resting juices.
If you can't find fresh tarragon, replace it with more of one of the other herbs. For example, instead of ½ cup mint, you can increase it to ¾ cup if tarragon is not available.