Barbecued steak with salsa verde
( SERVES 6 )
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and chop for 15 to 30 seconds until well mixed together. Using the pulse button is effective.
- When ready to barbecue, smear both sides of your steaks with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks onto the very hot barbecue. They should take about 4 to 5 minutes per side to cook, depending on how you like them. As they cook, rub the steak with the cut side of the garlic clove for some extra flavour.
- When the steaks are perfectly cooked to your liking, move them to a cutting board to rest for a few minutes and save any resting juices.
- Now scatter the rocket over your chosen serving platter and slice the fresh lemon into wedges.
- Place rib eye steaks on a serving platter. Finish with a few tablespoons of salsa verde and scatter over any remaining fresh herbs and lemon wedges, and drizzle over any resting juices.
Tip : If you can't find fresh tarragon, replace it with more of one of the other herbs. For example, instead of ½ cup mint, you can increase it to ¾ cup if tarragon is not available.