Caramelised Banana Tarts
- Heat oven to 200 degC. Thaw pastry, place on a board and cut into eight equal rectangles.
- Place rectangles on a baking tray and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
- At the same time, cut bananas in half widthways, then in half lengthways to give eight equal portions.
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan, add pieces of banana to brown for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove to one side.
- Add brown sugar and rum to the pan and simmer for a couple of minutes until syrupy.
- Return bananas to the pan to coat with syrup. Arrange a piece of banana on each piece of pastry and drizzle with a little syrup.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve. Best made and eaten on the same day.