Poached eggs and grilled bacon on a bagel
( SERVES 1 )
|1 to fry||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||White wine vinegar|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
Herb Roast Mushrooms - Serves 4
- Cook bacon in a frying pan with a little oil until crisp and golden brown. Bacon can be kept warm in a moderate oven if necessary.
- To poach eggs, fill a wide, deep-sided pan with plenty of water. Add a little salt and the vinegar. Bring water to a rolling boil, then break in the eggs. Reduce heat to a simmer to poach eggs for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Toast bagel at the same time and spread with butter, if desired. Assemble breakfast components on a warmed plate and serve immediately. Serve herb roast mushrooms on the side, if desired.
Herb Roast Mushrooms:
- Heat oven to 200 deg C. Arrange (large flat) mushrooms stalk side up on a large oven pan. Mix oil with thinly sliced garlic and drizzle over mushrooms. Sprinkle with herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven to roast for 15 minutes until browned and tender. Serve on toast or beside bacon and eggs.