Chicken and spinach salad with coriander pesto
|4||Chicken breasts, skinless|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|3||Spring onions, finely sliced|
|150 g||Baby spinach|
|1||Coriander pesto, recipe below|
|1 to serve||Lime, wedges|
- Heat oven to 180 deg;C. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan, add a film of oil and fry chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side to brown. Transfer to an oven pan and bake for 18 minutes. Remove to cool.
- Toss spinach and spring onion together and arrange in serving bowls. Thickly slice chicken and arrange on top of spinach salad. Drizzle with plenty of coriander pesto and serve with lime halves on the side to squeeze over.
- Pesto - Place coriander, parsley and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to chop. Add chilli powder and cashew nuts and process to combine.
- Add olive oil and lime juice and process to form a rough-textured paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with salad or as a dip.
- This pesto will last up to a week if stored covered in the fridge.