Chicken with chorizo and chickpeas
- Heat oven to 180 degC. Heat a frying pan, add a little oil and brown chicken pieces on both sides.
- Remove chicken to a roasting pan. Add onion and peppers to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the red wine to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes to reduce, then add the canned tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring sauce to the boil then pour over chicken. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add chorizo and chickpeas, stirring to incorporate these ingredients into the sauce.
- Bake for a further 30 minutes or until the chicken tests cooked when a knife is inserted into the thickest part near the bone, and the juices run clear.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.