Lemon and passionfruit tart
( SERVES 8 )
- To make the pastry base: Line a narrow, loose-bottomed tart tray with a circle of baking paper, then two sheets of sweet crust pastry. Rest it in the fridge for an hour then bake it blind, placing it in a 180°C fan bake oven for 10 minutes - or until lightly browned.
- To prepare the filling: Preheat the oven to 160°C fan bake. Beat together the first five ingredients until smooth and pour into the precooked pastry base.
- Fan bake for 35 minutes until just set and still a bit wobbly in the centre.
- Serve as is or dust generously with icing sugar and caramelise the top quickly or serve with a drizzle of passion fruit syrup. This can be served warm or cold.
* For a deeper tart, Sue uses a high-sided tin with a loose bottom and doubles the filling. This will take 60 to 80 minutes to cook.
** Sue uses a Barker's of Geraldine product - Lemon Passionfruit Patisserie Filling. Instead, you could also use ¾ cup Barker's Passionfruit Curd - just add a little passionfruit pulp to the mix to increase the acidity, if you have passionfruit pulp or syrup to hand.