Mini herb muffins with smoked salmon
|2½ cups||Self raising flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 cup||Cheddar cheese, grated|
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|¼ cup||Fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil or dill chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, grated, to sprinkle|
|½ cup||Smoked salmon|
|½ cup||Sour cream|
|1 to garnish||Basil leaves|
- Heat oven to 200 degC. Grease 36 mini-muffin pans.
- Place the first six ingredients in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add the eggs, oil and milk to the well. Stir to just combine as over-mixing will produce tough muffins.
- Spoon mixture into muffin pans and sprinkle each with a little parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Split muffins and fill with a piece of smoked salmon and a little sour cream.
- Garnish each with a small basil leaf.