Orange marmalade loaf with drizzle icing
|175 g||Butter, softened|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|1||Orange, finely grated zest|
|⅓ cup||Orange marmalade|
|1 cup||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
- Heat oven to 160 degC fan bake. Grease a standard loaf tin or line with nonstick baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl with an electric mixer, until pale and creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Beat in orange zest and marmalade. Sift in dry ingredients and stir to just combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove to cool in tin for 30 minutes then transfer loaf to a wire rack to cool completely. Ice with drizzle icing once cold.
- To make icing, combine icing sugar and orange juice to form a runny icing. Drizzle over loaf. Slice to serve.