Spiced chicken with vegetable couscous
|1 tsp||Ground paprika|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|1 tsp||Ground turmeric|
|1 tsp||Ground coriander|
|½ tsp||Chilli powder|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 cm||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Chicken stock|
|3 Tbsp||Pine nuts|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh parsley|
To prepare Spiced chicken:
- Combine flour, spices, salt and pepper and use to dust sliced chicken. Heat a nonstick frying pan, add a little oil and pan-fry chicken in two to three batches to lightly brown all over. Remove chicken to one side.
- Add chicken stock to the pan and bring to the boil, scraping any sediment from the pan. Return chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes to heat through and finish cooking. Serve on top of vegetable couscous, scattered with pine nuts and parsley.
To prepare Vegetable couscous:
- Heat a saucepan, add 2 tbsp oil and coarsely diced onion and cook over a medium heat for 8 minutes to soften but not brown the onion. Add crushed garlic and ground coriander and cook for minute more. Stir in stock and bring to the boil.
- Pour couscous into the pan and stir to combine. Remove from the heat, cover pan and leave instant couscous for 10 minutes to steam and soften.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick frying pan, add a little oil, thinly sliced courgettes and red pepper,cut in chunks with seeds removed. Stir-fry to lightly brown.
- Fluff up couscous with a fork. Stir through cooked vegetables and coriander. Season with salt and pepper to taste.