Kath's Christmas pudding
You can reheat Christmas pudding by returning it to the bowl and steaming for 1 hour.
|1 tsp||Mixed spice|
|2 cups||Plain flour|
|½ cup||Pitted prunes, chopped|
|1½ tsp||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Milk, cold|
|1 cup||Water, boiling|
- Mix flour, mixed spice, salt, sugar and dried fruit. Dissolve the baking soda in milk and stir into the fruit.
- Stir the butter into the boiling water until it has melted and then combine with the mixture of dried fruit.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge overnight.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 2 litre pudding basin, then cover it with baking paper and a tight fixing lid.
- Place bowl in a saucepan of boiling water filled to at least halfway up the side of the bowl. Bring water in saucepan to the boil, then cover and simmer for 4 hours, topping up the water as necessary.
- To make brandy butter, beat butter, icing sugar and brandy until pale and fluffy, then serve with hot Christmas pudding.