Citrus roast salmon with green pea sauce
( SERVES 4 )
Serves 4 4 x 150g portions skinless salmon fillet, with pin bones removed Finely grated zest of 1 orange and 1 lemon ½ tsp ground white pepper 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp salt olive oil 2 lemons,
|4 pieces||Boneless salmon fillets, 150g each|
|1||Lemon, grated zest|
|½ tsp||White pepper|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|1 to grease||Olive oil|
|2||Lemons, finely sliced with skin on|
Green pea sauce
- Place salmon in a ceramic dish. Combine orange and lemon zest with pepper, cumin and salt and rub this mixture all over salmon. Refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate.
- Bring salmon to room temperature by leaving on the kitchen bench for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 200 degC. Place salmon in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 15 to 18 minutes until cooked to medium. Serve garnished with lemon slices on a bed of green pea sauce.
- Sauce - Cook peas and mint leaves in boiling, salted water for 1 minute. Drain and plunge into cold water to stop the cooking.
- Drain and Purée in a blender, adding up to 1/2 cup of the measured cold water to make a smooth sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.