Coconut cherry cupcakes
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|½ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|1¼ cups||Self raising flour|
- Heat oven to 170 degC fan bake. Line a muffin pan with paper cases.
- In a bowl, beat softened butter with sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the coconut, then the milk and cherries (pitted and chopped).
- Lastly, stir in the flour, stirring just enough to combine ingredients into a smooth batter.
- Spoon batter into paper cases, filling them to three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. once cold, ice with pink icing and decorate with cherries.
- Pink Icing: Sift icing sugar into a bowl to remove lumps.
- Stir in juice from one lemon and food colouring and just enough boiling water to form a smooth, pale pink icing of a pourable consistency.
- Ice the top of the cupcakes and decorate with fresh cherries.