Ham and sun-dried tomato pasta salad
( SERVES 4 )
Serves 4 300g pasta shapes, such as spirals or penne ¹/³ cup sun-dried tomato pesto 1 red pepper, finely sliced with seeds removed 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced with seeds removed Salt and
- Cook pasta in plenty of salted, boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or according to packet instructions until just tender to the bite.
- Rinse with cold water to cool, then drain well and place in a large bowl. Add pesto and toss well to coat.
- Heat a frying pan, add a film of oil, then add sliced adn deseeded peppers to the pan.
- Stir-fry to cook and lightly brown, then remove cooked peppers to the bowl with the pasta. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Trim beans and halve lengthways. Cook beans in salted, boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes then drain and plunge into ice-cold water to cool completely.
- Drain beans and add to pasta along with the ham (diced or cut in thin strips) and basil. Season with salt and pepper, toss well and serve.