Corn, salami and kumara salad with red pepper mayonnaise
( SERVES 4 )
|100 g||Pepperoni salami|
|¼ cup||Fresh coriander|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
Red pepper mayonnaise
- Cook peeled and chopped kumara in salted, boiling water until just tender, then drain well and set aside to cool.
- Run a sharp knife down the sides of the corn cobs to remove the kernels. Place cold kumara, corn kernels, diced salami, green pepper and coriander in a bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Serve salad with red pepper mayonnaise on the side to dollop over.
Red pepper mayonnaise:
- Drain peppers of any juices (available from supermarket delis), place in a food processor and pulse to blend. Add the mayonnaise and blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.