Whipped kumara with pecan crumble
- Coarsely chop kumara and cook in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain well and mash.
- Beat or whip in 10g melted butter and hot milk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Heat oven to 190C. Place flour in a bowl, add cubed cold butter and, using your finger tips, rub butter into flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir grated nutmeg, coriander and pecan nuts into the crumble mixture. Sprinkle over kumara mash to cover.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and crisp.