Summer fish burger on Turkish bread with tartare sauce
( SERVES 1 )
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 piece||Turkish bread|
|1 cup||Salad leaves|
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Press fish fillet, such as snapper into seasoned flour to lightly coat.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil and pan-fry fish for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, depending on thickness of fillet, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, brush the bread with oil and toast under a hot grill.
- Place fish fillet onto bread base, spoon over tartare sauce (see below) and top with sliced tomato, a handful of salad leaves and the top slice of bread.
To prepare Tartare sauce:
- Place the first four ingredients ( mayonnaise, chopped fresh parsley, coarsely chopped capers, finely chopped gherkin) in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with fish dishes