Roast fish with parsley salad
( SERVES 4 )
To prepare the Roast fish:
- Heat oven to 200 degC. Season fish portions all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan, add a film of oil and brown fish portions on one side for a minute or two.
- Turn fish portions over and place pan in the oven. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish portions.
- Remove to serving plates and scatter with parsley salad.
To prepare Parsley salad:
- Place parsley leaves, spring onions and olives in a bowl and toss well.
- Scatter with lemon zest and juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss well before serving.
Tip: I used salmon for this dish. If using a white-fleshed fish, choose a variety that has quite firm flesh like kingfish, bluenose, cod or ling. Hapuka, terakihi and snapper work well too.