Blueberry Coconut Slice
( SERVES 18 )
Delicious and light, perfect as part of a special afternoon tea platter.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 17cm x 27cm slice tin with nonstick baking paper.
- Place butter and first measure of sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Beat in egg yolks, vanilla and sour cream. Sift together the flour and baking powder, stir into mixture, then stir in blueberries. Spread mixture into prepared tin.
- In a clean bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 1 tablespoonful of the second measure of sugar and beat until stiff. Fold in remaining sugar and coconut. Spread this mixture over the first mixture in the tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove to cool, then slice and serve dusted with icing sugar.