Beef and basil stir-fry with peanut sauce
( SERVES 4 )
A simple beef dish with a spicy peanut sauce giving it subtle Asian flavours.
|2 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|600 g||Beef steaks, thinly sliced|
|3||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|300 g||Green beans|
|1 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 cup||Basil leaves|
- To make the peanut sauce, mix peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, tomato paste, cinnamon and chilli together in a saucepan over a medium heat. Slowly stir in water, simmering until a smooth, sauce consistency is reached.
- Heat a wok or heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Add oil and stir-fry beef in two batches until browned. Remove to one side.
- Add garlic and beans to the pan and stir-fry, tossing well until beans are lightly browned.
- Return beef to the pan, add soy sauce and toss to combine and heat through. Serve in to bowls, scatter with torn basil leaves and spoon over peanut sauce.
- This peanut sauce can be served with a stir-fry, as a dip with vegetable sticks, or with barbecue kebabs.