White asparagus and bean salad
Use white asparagus if you can find but green asparagus or more fresh beans will also do the trick.
- Heat oven to 200 degC.
- Toss deseeded and cut into 5mm strips red capsicum in ½ tbsp olive oil, spread on an oven tray and roast for 5 to 8 minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Bring a large pan of water to boil and add trimmed asparagus. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, remove from pan, drain and pat dry.
- Add trimmed French beans to boiled water, cook 4 to 5 minutes, then remove from pan, drain and pat dry.
- Place trimmed white asparagus and beans into a large bowl.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan. Add capers, but be careful - they will spit.
- Add garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Add seeds and cook for another 20 seconds.
- Remove from heat and pour over cooked vegetables.
- Add the cooked capsicums, thinly sliced spring onion, chopped fresh herbs and grated lemon zest of 1 lemon. Season and gently toss.