Hokkien noodles with beef and water chestnuts
- Place Hokkien noodles in a bowl of boiling water for two minutes to soften and separate, then drain well.
- Heat a wok, add a little oil and cook water chestnuts (2 cans) and peppers, tossing over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly charred. Remove to one side.
- Slice the beef thinly, add a little more oil to the wok, then add the strips of beef, in two batches, tossing over high heat for three to four minutes until golden brown.
- Return the vegetables to the wok with the drained noodles, hoisin and soy sauces and stir-fry for a few minutes until hot.
- Taste and add more soy sauce to season if necessary. Serve scattered with fresh basil.