Chicken baked with courgettes and pan-roasted thyme potatoes
( SERVES 4 )
|2 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1½ tsp||Ground ginger|
|1 can||Chopped tomatoes, 400g|
|4||Chicken breasts, skinless|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|4||Courgettes, sliced in rounds|
Pan-roasted thyme potatoes
- Heat a large saucepan, add the oil, garlic and ginger, then cook for 30 seconds to release flavours. Add tomatoes, honey and water, and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan so the chicken is covered by the sauce. Simmer very gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in courgettes and simmer for 5 minutes more. Check and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 5 minutes to partially cook. Drain potatoes, slice in half and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add oil, garlic and potatoes, then cook for 15 minutes, turning potatoes regularly, until crisp and golden brown.
- Strip leaves from thyme sprigs and scatter leaves over the potatoes. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve as a side dish.