Smoked salmon & roasted beetroot
( SERVES 6 )
Ready in 10 minutes, serves 6. This is smoked salmon, Russian style. Serve with a shot of vodka
- Beat lite crème fraiche with vodka and cracked pepper till smooth and holds its shape.
- Stir in horseradish sauce. Chill in fridge.
- Lay slices of salmon over 6 plates, then divide beetroot into 6 portions. Place on top of salmon.
- Spoon crème fraiche over this and top with caviar.
- Sprinkle with dill sprigs and grind pepper over this. Serve with a shot of vodka on the side. Roast whole washed beets by placing in a foil parcel with 1 tbsp oil and a little orange juice, then place in a 180 degC oven for 40 to 50 mins.