Spiced pear cake
- Heat oven to 180 degC. Grease a 22cm springform cake tin and line the base with nonstick baking paper.
- Combine peeled, cored and coarsely chopped pears and sugar in a bowl.
- Pour on melted butter, add egg, lightly beaten and stir to combine.
- Sift flours, baking soda and spices (make sure the nutmeg is grated) over the pear mixture and stir to just combine.
- Stir in raisins. Spread mixture into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove to cool in tin for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and slice to serve.