( SERVES 16 )
|1¾ cups||Wholemeal flour|
|½ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|1 tsp||Mixed spice|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|175 ml||Vegetable oil|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 cup||Raw sugar|
|¾ cup||Brown sugar|
|¼ cup||Sour cream|
Cream Cheese icing
- Heat oven to 140 degC fan bake. Grease a 22cm ring tin. Place dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, oil and vanilla in another bowl and beat to combine.
- Add both sugars and the sour cream and beat to combine, then stir in the grated carrots.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Pour mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 1½ hours or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the cake tin for one hour 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Ice with cream cheese icing once cold.
To prepare Cream Cheese Icing:
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Add the icing sugar, zest of the lemon and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and beat until the mixture is fluffy.
- Spread over cold carrot cake to serve.