Quick Thai chicken curry for one
Using a Thai green curry paste makes this a quick dish to cook - curry pastes are available in sachets or bottles from supermarkets and Asian grocery stores.
- Heat a frying pan, add oil and pan-fry skinless chicken breast, trimmed and sliced for 5 minutes to brown on both sides. Remove to one side.
- Add sliced onion to the pan and stir-fry to lightly brown.
- Add curry paste and gently fry for 1 minute to release flavours.
- Add water and mix until smooth, then stir in the coconut milk or cream.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer very gently (do not allow to boil) for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in fresh coriander and serve with lime wedges on the side to squeeze over.
- The curry should not need any salt and pepper as the curry paste is full of strong flavours.
- Don't allow the mixture to boil once the coconut milk has been added or the sauce may separate.