Chicken and leek pie with crunchy filo topping
- Thinly slice leeks. Heat a nonstick frying pan, add 2 tbsp oil and the sliced leeks and cook over a medium to low heat for 5 minutes to soften. Remove to one side.
- Turn up the heat and cook the cubed chicken until browned all over. Remove to one side.Combine the soup mix and water, and add to the pan. Bring to the boil, stirring until the soup thickens.
- Return the leeks and chicken to the pan along with the ham, parsley, lemon zest and juice. Transfer the mixture to a 1.5 litre capacity ovenproof dish.
- Brush one sheet of filo pastry lightly with olive oil. Scrunch up the filo and place on top of the chicken mixture. Repeat with remaining filo until surface is completely covered.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 190 degC for 30 minutes or until filo is golden brown.
Tip: You'll find filo pastry in the chiller in your supermarket's deli section. Unopened, filo will keep in the fridge for up to one month. once opened, roll up filo and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks or freeze for up to two months.