Orange madeira cakes with whipped frosting
|175 g||Butter, softened|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|1||Orange, finely grated zest|
|1½ cups||Self raising flour, sifted|
- Heat oven to 160degC fan bake. Grease and line the bases of 8 x 180ml-capacity cake tins.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in the orange zest, then fold the sifted flour into the creamed mixture.
- Spoon into prepared tins, filling to three-quarters full.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of one cake comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool, then decorate with piped whipped frosting and sprinkle with silver cachous.
- To make frosting, place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until white and fluffy, adding a little more boiling water if necessary.