Marinated skirt steak
- Prod the beef all over with fork.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Add the beef and coat well, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove beef from the marinade. Place meat on a very hot barbecue.
- Turn once with tongs and brush frequently with some of the marinade, cooking for about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Alternatively, if you have a meat thermometer, insert it into centre of steak – medium rare will read 60 degC.
- When cooked to your liking, transfer to cutting board, cover with tin foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Cook's tip: Serve with salad, new potatoes, rice or even a creamy pasta. If the barbecue option is not possible, a little oil in the frying pan will work just as well.