Smoked chicken risotto balls
- Place stock in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to simmer.
- Heat a large, heavy-based pan and add 2 tablespoons olive oil, then add finely diced onion and chopped garlic and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add risotto rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously to toast but not brown.
- Add the hot stock, then turn down the heat and simmer very gently until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender to the bite or al dente.
- This will take up to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the diced smoked chicken breast, chopped parsley and the freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, shape mixture into large balls (or patties, if preferred).
- Heat some oil in a nonstick frying pan and pan-fry risotto balls, for a few minutes on each side, to brown all over.