Mini feta muffins filled with salami and pesto
( MAKES 36 mini muffins )
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease 36 mini muffin pans.
- Place the first seven ingredients in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add milk, oil and eggs to the well. Stir to just combine (over-mixing makes muffins tough).
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pans. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Cut each muffin in half and fill with a piece of salami and a smear of pesto.
- Top each with a small dollop of pesto, if desired.
Tip: Muffins are best made on the same day as they are to be served. However, these muffins can be frozen, thawed, filled and then warmed in a hot oven for five minutes just before serving, if necessary.