Cheesy beef and baked bean cottage pie
Here’s a wonderful stomach filling recipe the whole family will love and costs so little to make
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, carrot, curry powder and cumin seeds, and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to high before adding the mince.
- Preheat the oven to bake at 200C.
- Fry the meat for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring until the meat is browned all over. Stir in the Worcestershire, flour and stock, and mix well before adding the baked beans. Continue cooking for 8 minutes more, until the mince sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a baking dish and top with mashed potatoes and grated cheese.
- Bake until lightly golden and bubbling for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
If you have chopped parsley to hand, add it to both the mash and the mince. Its savoury flavour adds freshness and works perfectly.