Cheesy beef and baked bean cottage pie
Here’s a wonderful stomach filling recipe the whole family will love and costs so little to make
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, carrot, curry powder and cumin seeds, and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to high before adding the mince.
- Preheat the oven to bake at 200 degC.
- Fry the meat for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring until the meat is browned all over. Stir in the Worcestershire, flour and stock, and mix well before adding the baked beans. Continue cooking for 8 minutes more, until the mince sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a baking dish and top with mashed potatoes and grated cheese.
- Bake until lightly golden and bubbling for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Cook's tip: If you have chopped parsley to hand, add it to both the mash and the mince. Its savoury flavour adds freshness and works perfectly.