- Heat oven to 160 degC fan bake. Grease a large loaf tin and line with nonstick baking paper.
- Place softened butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
- Add lightly beaten eggs and continue beating well. Add the treacle and beat well.
- Combine the hot milk and baking soda and leave for a minute to foam.
- Sift the flour and ginger over the creamed mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Add the foamy milk and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice to serve.