Baked Tomato Risotto with Pesto and Parmesan
No standing stirring risotto required in this baked version, which makes it easy to make for a mid-week meal.
- Heat oven to 180 degC. Heat oil in a flameproof casserole dish.
- Add onion(finely chopped) and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in canned tomatoes, tomato juice, stock(or vegetable) and pesto and bring mixture to the boil. Cover casserole dish and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until rice is tender to the bite.
- Fluff up rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve scattered with parmesan cheese, if desired.