Risi e bisi
1 litre chicken stock 2 tbsp olive oil 200g bacon, chopped 1 onion, finely diced 1 cup Arborio risotto rice 2 cups frozen baby peas 25g butter Fresh parmesan, shaved or grated 1. Heat stock in a small
- Heat chicken stock in a small saucepan.
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-based pan, add chopped bacon and finely diced onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, until onion has softened but not coloured.
- Add rice to the pan and stir for 2 minutes to toast but not brown.
- Add a cup of hot stock to the pan and stir until the stock is absorbed.
- Repeat, adding stock until it is all absorbed and the rice is tender to the bite or al dente" (this takes 15 to 20 minutes).
- Add peas with the last cupful of stock.
- Stir in shaved or grated fresh parmesan butter to melt and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.