Silverbeet filo pie
Photo by Tam West
- Heat oven to 190C. Grease a 22cm springform cake tin.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan. Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat until softened. Add chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add silverbeet to the pan and stir-fry until it wilts. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add ricotta, feta and parmesan cheeses and fresh breadcrumbs. Stir in beaten eggs to combine and season well with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin, press well and smooth the surface. Cut roll of filo pastry into 2cm-thick sections, then place sliced filo into a bowl and toss to separate. Drizzle with ¼ cup olive oil and toss well to coat.
- Cover the silverbeet filling completely with sliced filo. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until filling is set and pastry is golden brown. Cover surface with foil towards end of cooking time to prevent over-browning, if necessary. Cool a little before removing from the tin and slicing to serve.