Cream cheese and apricot streusel muffins
1/2 cup fruity-flavoured olive oil or rice bran oil 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 cup buttermilk Finely grated zest 1 orange 1 cup chopped dried apricots 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour 1/4 tsp baking soda
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1||Orange, zest finely grated|
|1 cup||Dried apricots, chopped|
|2½ cups||Self raising flour|
|¼ tsp||Baking soda|
|60 g||Cream cheese|
- Heat oven to 200 degC. Grease 12-hole standard muffin tin or line with paper cases.
- In a bowl, combine the oil, sugar, eggs, buttermilk and orange zest and stir well. Stir in dried apricots.
- Sift flour and baking soda over wet mixture and fold in to just combine into a batter.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins, hiding a teaspoonful of cream cheese in the centre of each muffin.
- Combine streusel ingredients and sprinkle a little over each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pale golden and a skewer inserted in the centre of one muffin comes out clean.