- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add garlic and eggplant and stir-fry for 15 minutes until browned all over and softened.
- Add lemon juice (half of one) and pesto, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove to a bowl to cool.
- Cut the pastry sheets into quarters so you end up with 20 squares measuring 8cm x 8cm.
- Place a tablespoonful of eggplant mixture on one side of each square, then fold over the pastry to enclose filling and form a triangle.
- Press the edges together with a fork to seal and cut a small slit in each pastry. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Heat oven to 200 degC. Brush pastries with egg glaze and place on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Serve hot or warm.