( SERVES 14 )
You have never had cupcakes like these before - they are the best. We decorated them with passionfruit icing and topped each one with an edible flower.
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|1½ cups||Self raising flour|
|1 packet||Passionfruit pulp|
- Preheat oven to 160 degC fan bake.
- Place softened butter into cake mixer and beat until white for 5 minutes, then add sugar and continue to beat.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time. Sift in flour and add milk and beat quickly, but surely (10 beats is ideal). Do not over-mix.
- Place into cupcake cases and bake for about 25 mins - or when spongy to touch - and pale golden brown.
- Cover with passionfruit icing, then split and fill with freshly whipped cream, or leave as is.
- Beat together 2 cups icing sugar, 1 tbsp soft butter and 1 tbsp cream cheese, thinning to the right consistency with passionfruit syrup.