( MAKES 14 )
You have never had cupcakes like these before - they are the best. We decorated them with passionfruit icing and then split and filled them with whipped cream. Otherwise, ice and serve without cream.
|2 cups||Icing sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Cream cheese|
|1 drizzle||Passionfruit syrup, or use passionfruit pulp in season, enough to thin icing to spreadable consistency|
- Preheat oven to 160C fan bake.
- Place softened butter into cake mixer and beat until white for 5 minutes, then add sugar and continue to beat.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time. Sift in flour and add milk and beat quickly, but surely (10 beats is ideal). Do not over-mix.
- Place into cupcake cases and bake for about 25 mins - or when spongy to touch - and pale golden brown.
- Cover with passionfruit icing, then split and fill with freshly whipped cream, or leave as is.
- For the icing, beat all ingredients together, thinning to the right consistency with passionfruit syrup.