Little plum cakes
( MAKES 12 )
Photo by Tamara West
For even more plum content you can add some, chopped, in to each cupcake as well as slicing them for the top.
- Heat oven to 160C fan bake. Line a 12-hole standard muffin tin.
- Place softened butter and sugar in a bowl, then beat until pale and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, sour cream and zest of one orange. Sift flour and baking powder over the creamed mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin. Arrange a few slices of plum onto the surface of each little cake. Sprinkle a little raw sugar over each.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of one cake comes out clean. Remove to wire rack to cool.