Plum and almond slice
- Heat oven to 170 degC fan bake. Grease and line a 17 x 27cm slice tin with nonstick baking paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.
- Beat in eggs and lemon zest. Fold in flour, ground almonds and chocolate bits.
- Spread mixture in prepared tin. Arrange plum halves in rows over the mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin then remove to slice. Dust with icing sugar before serving.