One-pan chicken bake
I love your column, but I did note you say you cannot freeze tomatoes. Every year I grow yellow and red cherry tomatoes and freeze them to use in the winter. I pick them and put them in a resealable bag. As they freeze, I give them a good shake to keep them free flowing.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper.
- Scatter veges around the dish. Tear basil leaves and scatter over vegetables. Season and drizzle over the oil.
- Trim excess fat from the chicken. Place the chicken skin-side down on top of the vegetables and season.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the chicken pieces, skin-side up.
- Bake for a further 20 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- To serve, place vegetables on the plate, place the chicken on top and spoon over juices.
- You can substitute or add other veges, such as courgettes or pumpkin.