|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|⅓ cup||Poppy seeds|
|½ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|2 cups||Self raising flour|
- Heat oven to 150 degC fan bake. Grease a 22 x 28cm rectangular cake tin and lightly dust with flour.
- Place eggs and buttermilk in a bowl and beat to combine.
- Beat in sugar and melted butter, then orange zest and juice from two oranges.
- Stir in poppy seeds, coconut and flour to form a smooth batter.
- Spread mixture in prepared tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool completely, then pour over hot syrup.
- To make the syrup, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until thick and syrupy.