Passionfruit poached pears
( SERVES 4 )
- Place passionfruit pulp, sugar, lemon juice and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Peel the pears and add them to the hot liquid, turn down the heat and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover pears with a piece of baking paper (this keeps them evenly submerged) and poach for 20 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove pears to a serving dish to cool.
- Simmer the remaining poaching liquid for 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced to a thick syrup.
- Pour syrup over pears and leave to cool completely, then refrigerate.
- Serve cold, with syrup spooned over.