Baked Potatoes Filled with Salmon Souffle
Canned salmon gets put to good use in this tasty baked potato dish. Gorgeous on its own or with leafy greens on the side.
- Heat oven to 200 degC. Rub potatoes all over with oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Prick each potato all over with the tip of a sharp knife 4 to 5 times. Place in an oven pan and bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and cut a slice off the top of each.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the potato flesh, leaving a 1cm thick shell. oash removed potato flesh and combine with the softened butter and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the salmon, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes and egg yolks to make the filling mixture.
- In a clean bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold egg whites into the filling mixture.
- Pack filling into the centre of each potato. Place potatoes on a baking pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until puffed and golden brown.