- To make the pastry, place the flour, baking powder, salt and butter in a bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre of the mixture. Add the milk to the well and mix until the mixture forms a firm but pliable dough.
- To make the filling, place the cubed steak, peeled and cubed potatoes and diced onion in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to 5mm thick. Using a small plate as a guide, cut out four circles. Place a mound of the filling in the centre of each circle. Dampen round the edge of the pastry with a little of the egg glaze.
- Fold over the pastry to cover the filling, forming a half-moon shape. Crimp the edges to secure the filling. Make a small slit in the pastries to let out steam.
- Place pastries on a lightly greased baking tray and brush with egg glaze to coat. Bake in an oven heated to 200 degC for 40 minutes or until the undersides turn brown and crisp.